Drink your matcha and eat it too with these Vegan Matcha Tartlets by MatchaFam Ritisha!
Not only is this recipe vegan, it's also refined sugar free and gluten-free!
Serving: 8 mini tartlets
- ½ cup of oats
- ⅓ cup of almonds
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cocoa (optional)
- ½ cup and 1 tbsp of coconut cream (the thick top part of a can of coconut milk)
- ½ cup plant milk (I used oat)
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 ¼ tsp matcha powder
- ½ tbsp tapioca flower
- ½ tsp vanilla
Start with crust:
- Put all crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse til oats and almonds are fine, and butter is throughout.
- Grease a muffin tin with vegan butter, then scoop the crust directly into the tin, and use your hands to flatten it into a short tart shape, being sure to keep the crust thick on all side.
- Bake crusts only at 350F for 9-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Whisk coconut cream, milk, matcha, vanilla, and maple syrup in a saucepan over heat, and simmer til dissolved – whisking constantly.
- Slowly add tapioca flour and keep whisking until mixture is thick and stringy.
- Strain filling through a fine-mesh sieve, and then cool.
- Whisk filling time to time to ensure it doesn't harden up.
- Then, pour filling into cooled tart crusts.
- Put in fridge for an hour – then garnish and enjoy!
For more recipes, follow Ritisha on Instagram!