When we're on the go and a matcha latte won't cut it, we turn to these no-bake Vanilla Matcha Energy Coconut Bites by MatchaFam Leah (aka @foodsandfloss)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp honey (alt: maple syrup or agave)
- 1.75 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- Mix everything in bowl (except for the matcha powder). It will get a crumbly consistency but should stick when packed. Add little bit more honey if needed.
- Separate the dough into halves. Add the matcha powder to one half and incorporate into the dough. Transfer both mixtures to wax/parchment paper, pack together (try to pack as tightly as possible) and form into log shape (I kind of rolled it like sushi), roll up and wrap in the paper-fold over sides, freeze for 30 min-1hr!
- After freezing, slice it (if it crumbles a little just form the cookie, it should stick). Recommend keeping these in fridge or freezer. Makes about 8 little cookies!
For more recipes, follow Leah on Instagram!