We’ve teamed up with Sweet Loren's to share these St. Patty’s Day Whoopie Pies, you’re sure to love for their festive green color & delicious taste.
Whip up homemade Matcha Buttercream and sandwich it between two Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookies to make these St. Patty’s Day Whoopie Pies.
- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Fudgy Brownie Cookie Dough
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- 2 sticks butter (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons MatchaBar Matcha powder
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place Cookie Dough portions 2 inches apart on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Since ovens vary, check at the shortest time and add time as needed.
- Cool cookies on a wire cooling rack for 15-20 minutes. Refrigerate so the cookies become cold, if there’s extra time (optional).
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream icing. Beat butter (or solid coconut oil that hasn’t melted yet) in a bowl with an electric mixer for 5-6 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar at a time, beating on medium speed in between each addition. Once all confectioners sugar is added, mix in the vanilla extract. Beat the icing for another 8 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Mix the matcha powder into the icing. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water if the icing is too thick and stir until combined.
- Transfer the Matcha icing into a piping bag fitted with a large star piping tip or use a ziplock bag and cut off a bit of the corner to make a make-shift piping bag.
- Pipe the filling on half of the cooled cookies, then top with another cooled cookie. Repeat this process until you made 12 cookie sandwiches. Enjoy!
Don't forget to share with us your #matchaflex on social & use "HUSTLE10" for 10% off on any Sweet Loren's product on their website, valid until 4/30/21.