- 1 quart milk (your choice)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 drops of peppermint oil
- 1 matcha shot
- Pinch of sea salt
- Crushed candy canes (for garnish)
- Mint spring (for garnish)
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Make your matcha shot: sift and whisk ½ - 1 tsp of matcha powder with 5 oz of hot water.
- Prep the cocoa: in a saucepan, combine the milk, cocoa powder, and peppermint oil and gradually add the chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Divide the cocoa mix in separate mugs and pour a matcha shot in each. Top with whipped cream, crushed candy canes, marshmallows, a mint sprig, and a pinch of sea salt. Enjoy!