We asked our eco-partner-in-crime CHOOOSE for some advice on how to reduce our carbon footprint at home:
- YES-YOU-CAN ATTITUDE: The secret is to make small changes feel like a natural part of your life instead of something you are forced into. Test and implement the little things until you feel like you’re mastering them like a champ. CHALLENGE: swap a coffee for a matcha ;)
- ADDRESS THE SMALL + INVISIBLE FOOTPRINTS: Most things around us leave an unavoidable carbon footprint. Unnecessary use of electricity is one of them. CHALLENGE: switch to a green electricity provider!
- SHOP CLIMATE CONSCIOUSLY: Opt for more environmentally-friendly products from local players and companies that address climate change. CHALLENGE: buy one thing at a local store that you would normally buy at a large retailer (ex: Soap! Clothes! Greeting cards! You name it!)
- ADOPT A LOW CARBON DIET: Low carbon is the new low carb. Avoiding meat and dairy products is one of the biggest ways to reduce your environmental impact, according to recent research. CHALLENGE: go meatless two days of the week!
- CHOOOSE: Make your footprint count, by reducing more CO2 than you leave behind by supporting projects that help replace coal and oil with renewable energy, and give people in developing countries better living conditions. Sign up for a climate action subscription via CHOOOSE to help support the best projects worldwide verified by the United Nations. CHALLENGE: go climate positive today at www.chooose.today!