Luxury in every bite, this four-ingredient matcha chocolate will melt in your mouth! Created by MatchaFam @TakesTwoEggs, these treats are sure to please!
- 170g couverture white chocolate (white chocolate with a larger cocoa butter content!)
- 10g culinary grade matcha powder
- 85g heavy cream
- 8g Honey
- Additional matcha powder for dusting
- Prepare the pan. Prepare an 8x4 inch bread loaf tin with either cling wrap or baking paper.
- Heat cream and honey in a small saucepan until it gently simmers.
- Melt the white chocolate in a separate heatproof bowl on the stove on low gentle heat over a double boiler (Make sure the water is not touching the bowl). Alternatively, you can microwave the white chocolate in 15-second increments. Make sure to stir the chocolate every 15 seconds so the chocolate melts evenly.
- Add matcha powder to the white chocolate and mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Add simmered cream and stir until combined.
- Pour the melted matcha chocolate into the prepared tin, cover, and chill in the refrigerator overnight or for 3-4 hours until firm.
- Cut the chocolate. Using a hot knife (Dip the knife in hot water, then wipe the water with a kitchen towel), slice the chocolate into squares. I used a ruler for perfect 1x1 inch squares.
- Dust matcha powder. Using a fine sieve, dust with matcha powder on the top of the chocolate.
- Store and serve. Package the chocolate in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. For best results, serve cold. Enjoy!
For more mouth-watering recipes, follow @TakesTwoEggs on Instagram and visit their blog Takes Two Eggs!