These dairy-free fluffy matcha banana pancakes topped with browned butter bananas are the perfect weekend treat, made by Hustle Club Ambassador, Lia (@tonkotsumami)!
Creates 6-8 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1-2 tbs culinary matcha, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 1/2 plant-based milk
- 1 egg, white & yolk separated
- 2 ripe bananas, ripe but not soft
- 4 tbs vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Slice 1 banana lengthwise in half. Repeat with the halves to create 4 thin quarter slices.
- Butter a pan on medium heat. Add banana slices. Flip occasionally until browned. Set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat the milk & butter together until lukewarm, either in a microwave or stovetop. Set aside.
- Whip the egg white until firm peaks appear. Set aside.
- Mash 1 banana & mix together with all wet ingredients, including the egg yolk & excluding the egg white.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture only right before cooking. Mix lightly. Fold in whipped egg white until fully incorporated. DO NOT over-mix.
- Butter the large pan & spoon in the batter to create 4inch circular pancakes. Once small bubbles form on the top & edges become crispy, flip.
- Serve with browned banana slices & coconut whipped cream. Enjoy!