In celebration of Mother's Day, we're making Mama Matcha's (aka Brother Max & Brother Graham's mom) Matcha Granola recipe she used to make back during the cafe days!
- 2 tsp of matcha powder
- 1 heaping cup packed dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- 1/4 cup creamy salted almond butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds (loosely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- (Optional) Toppings (dried fruit, chocolate, etc.)
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a “dough” like consistency.
- Optional step: Toast your oats (and almonds if raw) in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl – set aside.
- Warm maple syrup and almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once slightly cooled, add in the matcha powder and additional toppings.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8-inch baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. Enjoy!